Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Corridor of life - II


One Rainy night






My outlook alert buzzed ‘DING’. It pulled me out of the java core class coding. It was about the status meeting scheduled after 15 minutes. Suddenly I felt the gloomy silence in the floor. Every one had left. Time is 8 50 pm. All I can hear is the rain dripping sound over the shade of our parking lot. I gazed through the translucent window at the yellow sodium vapor lamp and my mind slowly drifted away.
It is my birthday tomorrow. My boy firned just called to confirm about the candle light dinner he had arranged. I began to wonder how we will get there if it’s raining like this. Will the rain stop by the time we leave; will we end up in a road side panipuri shop as in the film minnalee? Is this rain goanna spoil my birthday treat? Too many questions to answer !!! Mind is always like that, drifting back and forth from past to future. Right now finding a solution about how to reach the restaurant in this rain. If we make it in this rain what next? What will be my gift? After that I don’t know…..

After that, a painful thought; He is a Hindu and I’m a Christian. I looked at the mail from my dad with my new id for some matrimonial site. He had sent it to check the description they had given about me. I had dreams about my matrimonial page when I was in my PUC, so many dreams which were never achieved or which would never be achieved. But now when I got my new ID, I felt so indifferent. I didn’t even feel like having a look at it. Why things are happening so sudden. If I take some bold decisions now, how I’m goanna face my sister, my mom, my Dad….my friends …Oh my head is goanna burst out with endless thoughts.
My outlook buzzed again, now the meeting, just 1 minute. I walked into the meeting room with dizzy eyes and the some printed paper. I eyed the corner seat and walked towards it looking at my watch. It’s 9:00 pm. Any way my code status will be the last things they will ask and the delivery date is on next Monday which seems very far. A usual ‘in progress’ answer will be sufficient. I had already planned for so much buffer time, so no need to hurry up things. I went back to the streams of thoughts in my head. The buffer time got stuck in my thoughts; do I have enough buffer time in my life?
Or if I have to fix a buffer time before I move to take a decision, how much time I need?
Last time I visited home, my mom was asking about my life plans, I never planned anything, it just happened to me. When my father said about starting the groom hunt, I got a shocked and the look in my eyes left my mom troubled. She enquired so deeply about everything happening in my office. I had to work hard to keep the shock away from them. But how long …….
OnsiteCordinator: Buzzz..Hello u there?
It was my onsite coordinator from US.
OC: You noticed what happened to the last code;
OC: it got crashed in the UAT in client location

So he is implementing a second internal UAT before the usual UAT. He asked about the time frame and the strength of my code. I answered plainly that it won’t crash. I didn’t think much before answering that question.
The meeting ended and I walked out.
I walked straight towards the parking lot looking for the red pulsar. I had seen a shade moving in the smoking yard, it must be him. On the walk I didn’t mind the drizzling rain, or the dinner or my marriage. All my thoughts were about the crashing code and the internal UAT. Will my code work properly …what will I do If it crashes?
What if …..My mind goes on with usual questions…..

No comments: