Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Corridor of life - I




My sister was waiting for this journey for a long time. She seems to enjoy every moment of it. Even my mom and dad felt the same. It was the most awaited trip for me. I had planned for leave two months back when I was in resource pool doing the scrap portal work. Time just rushed away. Now at the end of long vacation of one week, a day more in ‘Nainital’ and then back to Bangalore!

Did I enjoy the trip? If I reply honestly to that, it would be a ‘No’.
I laughed, had fun with my sis, had a fight with mom about that ride at Chennai but most of the time I was living in a different world, analyzing, recalling every moment, every incident that happened around me for last four months. Where am I headed ?

When I joined our company four months back, I had excitement at its peak. Having my close class mate, my best buddy with me for my first job is what every gal would dream. The training group was a dream group with rite mix of ppl ranging from Kashmir to kanyakumari. The two months in training just flown off like a whisk of wind. So many parties, pizza hut visits, decorating our room for the Valentines Day, women’s day, birthday parties, movies and examz, tensions failures and what not!
The group I had around me was ultimate, each character of unique qualities and unique thinking, but we struck the same wave length and hence we were together all the time.

My group, the giant who speaks less, Dinesh who makes all the reasons just to get drunk and to party, Jacob who is the Mr. silent who takes care of everyone. Jacob behaves eccentrically at least once everyday, bright and cheerful sometimes and worn out and dejected the next moment. I’m meeting some one of that kind for the first time. Farook the cool and handsome ‘Sharuk’ for our batch. Then comes the ’rowdy’ looking Dhanya, its very funny to see her attitude towards anything. She takes horn on horn even with boys, and never takes an answer ‘No’. when she is around, she decides things. She is kind of ‘I know where u guys are going attitude’ all the time. Then the pretty gal of our group Priya, she is damn cute and every guy in our batch had a go at her. But she is the dumpiest person I have ever seen (might be a good actress, acting dump). She is cute, artistic and really knows to carry around the charm, but once you talk to her, u’ll realize why boys are after her. If you tell her she has only four fingers in her left hand, she will first faint and then ask which finger! She is an awesome singer and got a poetic heart. Her songs were an integral part of out night out rounds in our hostel! Then comes my best friend Lekshmy… she knows me in and out and she replies my queries when they are still in my mind. That’s the sort of communication we had.

The color full first day started with me getting a lift from one of the facilitator Nishant who came to give us class on SAP. He was a charming guy and a star in our entire group for all the gals. Tall, dark and slim…..and his smile crushed hearts like rain drops in a storm!. Gals had a gud time asking doubts in SAP r3, but I had a bad time when ever he came to our class. He owned a Honda city and invariable my name was linked to Honda! Even some ppl related into Honda bike also. But everyone knew me in our group by the name miss Honda. The anonymous rose on the Valentines Day with a Honda key chain kept me awake for weeks. The worst part was at lunch table and in group photo he came write next to me or write opposite to me everyday.i don’t know but whe some one passes by your heart, they alwys comes around you at time with a dazzling smile leaving you in a dilemma ….Y this is happening! I enjoyed it becoz every gal would have enjoyed being miss Honda. I got into the biggest mess on the group photo day where everyone assembled and waited for us. I was rushing after my lunch and Nishant had gone back to his car for something, but the group of 290 ppl was kept waiting in the audi 5 and our joined entrance into the class made the worst scene to be in. I totally blushed on that day hearing the WOOV from all my friends and don’t bother reading the numerous story about the joined entrance and the mysterious absence for lunch.

The group always had teasers and care takers and there was total harmony in the group from the beginning. But once we got out of training and joined production, things began to drift. The Dinesh and Lekshmy began to be one group who hardly talked to others and they found a new world of their own.
Then the usual line of boys with proposals and wish to make me their partner started. I’m not the ‘miss world’ kind of gal but from my PUC itself I got attention and invitation from lot of guys. But unfortunate for me no boy whom I liked crossed my way. But still I had a list of four behind my back from my engineering and after 4 months a row of seven from my company.
They really have to check their eye’s and their expectation, or they are really misjudged me. The fun part in these relations is, many from this seven were my good friends and from no where they feel I’m the one for them. I didn’t give them a slice of thought this way, but boys always take things differently. Once the answer is negative things are very bad, they become tentative in everything, keeping the same in their mind.

People change a lot on day by day. My roomie and X class mate Lekshmy who felt talking to me is one of the best way to kill time now thinks twice before striking a conversation with me.
One more forgettable thing was the break up with my Boyfriend. We had a long lasting relationship of 3 years in my engineering days and now we realized the difference we had. It took three years for us to figure it out. I cannot blame everything on him but still I feel I’m better out of it. Now the X feels he was mistaken to meet me. How ridiculous!

I realized the loneliness in which I’m living only after coming here. Missing my family, my mom’s dosa and aviyal ! Those fights I had with my sister, my two-wheeler back home. Here I’m struggling with commands and dead lines which mean nothing to my life. Only on salary day I feel like living and every other day slogging out scrap lines of code which has to be changed thrice before each line is added. Why is life like this?

My mind drifted through the last one week, my new cubicle, the sweet eccentric guy who always find time and reason to tease me! He is such an eccentric guy (Nikhil). He is a stubborn and determined person and he achieves what he dreams. I admired him from the day I met him, always took all the things lightly and kept a cool head. But a chain smoker and a great ‘tank’ in case of beers. Last one week I realized I’m missing him more than I thought I would. All through the journey I had dreamt of next Monday, I’ll back in my cubi and Nikhil will come give me the peculiar smiley and a good morning. Oh just the thought of it drives me crazy!!! When did he have a place in my heart?
I couldn’t make out how rational our mind works when we like and dislike some one. Still I’m wondering what made my mind think like this. My heart burns when he refuses to come to lunch with me and sticks to his cubicle sleeping and working. Why can’t he open his mind to me? He is so happy to tease his cubicle mate (Licy). Tease me na!!!!!


Oh god where am I going … If the other seven candidates know about the new winner of my heart! Oh God I don’t know what will happen. My sister is calling me from stairs. She is all packed up for boating in Ninital. I have to find a wayto open my mind after going back to Nikhil, I can’t loose him like this…... A try should will be better than repenting about it after years. But will I be happy if he says no or yes! What if he says a YES ....Am i looking forward for that.

In this corridor I’m moving ahead with lot of expectation from my friends and care takers. Many often broke my heart but still I will love them becoz I’m bad at repeating the mistakes……My complex mind is making it tougher to make a decision...I'll go ahead as gud as it gets and take things the way it comes ....

No comments: